The National Park Service (NPS) has released its list of fee-free days for 2017. The ten entrance fee-free days for 2017 will be:
- January 16: Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- February 20: Presidents Day
- April 15-16 and April 22-23: National Park Week Weekends
- August 25: NPS Birthday
- September 30: National Public Lands Day
- November 11-12: Veterans Day Weekend
During the fee-free days, all NPS sites will waive their entrance fees for all visitors. Usually, 124 of the 413 national parks charge entrance fees that range from $3 to $30. The other 289 sites do not have entrance fees. The entrance-fee waiver for the fee-free days does not cover amenity or user fees for things such as camping, boat launches, transportation, or special tours.