While many of California’s RV parks and resorts report strong snowbird
occupancies this season, some parks are still offering mid-week
discounts and other promotions in an effort to maximize their business
“Many RV parks and resorts offer winter specials not only to
spur their business, but to entice new customers,” said Debbie Sipe,
executive director of the California Association of RV Parks and
Campgrounds, adding, “California is such a diverse state, parks want to
encourage new customers to their “neck of the woods.”
Sipe added that the “Hot Deals” section of the Camp-California.com
travel planning website features a detailed listing of campgrounds, RV
parks and resorts that offer special promotions, not only during the
winter months, but throughout the year.
“We regularly update the ‘Hot Deals’ section of the
Camp-California.com website because we know it’s fastest way for
consumers to find out which parks are offering special deals for
mid-week, weekend or extended stay vacations,” Sipe said.
California parks that currently offer winter discounts include:
- Angels Camp RV & Camping Resort in Angels Camp: Stay two nights and get the
third night free or stay one night and get the second half off. Must mention “Winter R
& R special” to participate. Offer expires Feb. 28.
- Flying Flags RV Resort in Buellton: Stay two nights in the park’s newly renovated,
full-hookup sites and receive a certificate for one free night that can be used to
extend your stay or be redeemed on another day before May 20th. Offer does not apply to
holiday periods of Feb. 12th – 14th; March 12 – 14; or April 2 to 11.
- Golden Village Palms RV Resort in Hemet: This active adult park is offering the
first week’s stay at half off for a limited number of RV sites and site types. This
discount is available only once per season and only for two people per RV. The offer
expires Sept. 30. Golf enthusiasts who stay at Golden Village Palms also have access to
a special discount rate of $34 per day, Monday through Friday, at both Diamond Valley
Golf Club and Hemet Golf Club. The golf promotion expires Dec. 31.
- Marble Quarry RV Park in Columbia: Pay for any two nights Sunday through Thursday
at regular rates and stay three other midweek nights free. Offer expires March
- Marina Dunes RV Park in Marina: Stay two nights and get the 3rd free. Not valid
during special events and holiday weekends. Offer expires March 31st.
- Mission Bay RV Resort in San Diego: Stay six nights and get the seventh free. Offer
valid only for premium sites. Present website coupon at check in. Offer expires April
- Paradise by the Sea RV Resort in Oceanside: This park is offering sites with 50 amp
electrical hookups for $32 per day with one-month minimum stay through May.
- San Diego RV Resort in La Mesa: Stay for one week and get two extra nights free.
Offer expires May 15th and is not valid on holidays.
- Sands RV & Golf Resort in Desert Hot Springs: First-time guests can get two
free nights with a one-week stay. Offer expires June 1st.
- Vineyard RV Park in Vacaville: Stay Sunday through Thursday and pay $32 per night,
a $16 savings. A two-night minimum is required. Offer expires Feb. 28th.
From California Assn of RV Parks & Campgrounds