Traveling in your motorhome affords ample opportunity to see America’s finest landscapes, but those seeking a different adventure can enjoy many casinos with RV parks scattered throughout the country. In fact, 2011 boasted an upswing in gaming revenue and casino-visitor volume, according to the American Gaming Association’s annual report. Check out our list of casinos with RV parks, in locations convenient for wherever your travels take you.
1. Hon-Dah Resort-Casino, nestled in the White Mountains of Pinetop, Ariz., boasts a variety of gaming options including blackjack, live poker and more than 800 slot machines. For slot-enthusiasts, Hon-Dah offers reel and video slots along with video poker machines. Wheel-of-Fortune progressives and a variety of in-house progressives appeal to those wanting to win it big. The less adventurous can take advantage of the casino’s penny slots. And those who prefer table games can check out Vegas-style blackjack. Poker starts every day at 9 a.m. with $3-$50 table limits. Put on your poker face for Live-Action Texas Hold ’Em or Omaha Hi-Lo in the poker room where tournaments are held five days per week.
When you’ve worked up an appetite, head to the buffet served in the Indian Pine Restaurant or check out the casino’s recommended Sunday brunch served at Timbers Lounge. Live music, comedy shows and other special events are featured throughout the year. Casino-goers can check out the year-round RV park complete with 258 sites, laundry facility, satellite TV, Wi-Fi, dump station, security and phone hookups; 800-929-8744, www.hon-dah.com.
2. Travelers wanting a variety of entertainment amid views of three mountain ranges should check out the Apache Gold Casino and RV Park. Always open, the Apache Gold Casino calls itself the home of the most penny games in Arizona. Bets range from one penny to $5 a pop. The blackjack tables are open for business daily from 3 p.m.-12 a.m. If slots and tables don’t feed your fancy, Apache Gold also offers paper-only bingo. For variety, exercise or entertainment while your partner hits the casino floor, the Apache Stronghold Golf Course has nine- or 18-hole packages at a 3,200-foot elevation set against a mountain range backdrop and several greens with various pars.
If you’ve worked up an appetite, entrust your stomach to the award-winning chefs preparing either buffet-style or sit-down food options. Wickiup Buffet is open daily with all-you-can-eat meals for as low as $5.95 per person. For a heartier appetite, Apache Legends BBQ has all-you-can-eat ribs for $11 and weekly lunch specials starting at $6. Rest and relax in the casino’s RV park, offering full hookups, with 30- and 50-amp electrical service. Other amenities include a pool, wash facility, basic cable and Wi-Fi; 800-272-2438, www.apachegoldcasinoresort.com.
More than 600 video machines across smoking and non-smoking casino floors attract visitors to the Clearwater River Casino & Hotel in Lewiston, Idaho. Open 24/7, Clearwater River Casino offers a variety of games including video poker, video blackjack, Keno and hundreds of titles like Mystical Temple, Pirate’s Loot and Diamond Factory. The progressive slots like Wheel of Fortune and Mega Bucks even have million-dollar jackpots.
The casino’s Riverside Restaurant is open daily for upscale or casual dining; including buffet specials, daily specials and early-bird specials Monday through Friday.
Featuring 23 full-hookup sites, the Clearwater River Casino and Hotel RV Park offers a seasonal outdoor pool, laundry facility and 30- and 50-amp electrical service; 877-678-7423,Â www.crcasino.com.
Lakeside Hotel Casino in Osceola, Iowa, makes staying and playing easy with an RV park located just outside the casino area. Forty-seven sites come with water, sewer and electric hookups, and Wi-Fi. With no weekend rates and comps for complimentary stays, many take advantage of the $20/night rate. A casino shuttle takes guests between the casino and RV park upon request.
Lakeside offers more than 1,000 slot and video poker machines with bets ranging from a penny to $25. Specialty table games such as blackjack, craps, roulette, pai gow, Texas Hold ’Em and live poker keep the casino floor booming with activity.
The Heartland CafÃ© offers a variety of daily special buffets, while the Lakeside Sports Bar is open daily and also provides a place to fuel an appetite after a day at the casino;Â 877-477-5253, www.terribleslakeside.com.
There are plenty of ways to win at Paragon Casino and Resort in Marksville, La. Find more than 2,000 slot machines including Big Buck Hunter Pro, Life of Luxury progressive, Draw Poker, Lord of the Rings, and old favorites on the casino floor. Poker enthusiasts can enjoy Texas Hold ’Em tournaments, hi-hand poker giveaways and special poker room-exclusive giveaways. Blackjack, craps and roulette are among some of the popular table games available at Paragon. Or sit for a game of flop poker, three-card poker progressive, Let It Ride Bonus, Fortune Pai Gow Poker and Mississippi stud. Blackjack tournaments are held throughout the week. Free lessons on all Paragon table games are available to casino-goers Monday through Friday at 8 a.m.
For a change of scenery, the Paragon Casino and Resort Spa La Vie offers a variety of spa services ranging from massage to anti-aging treatments. Or catch one of three movies playing at the Paragon Cinema. The grandkids are sure to get a kick out of Paragon’s wildlife specialist and resident alligator showing every Saturday. When you’re aching to get outdoors, Tamahka Trails Golf Club is a three-time U.S. Open qualifier host.
More than 200 campsites are offered at the Paragon Casino RV Park. Amenities include a pool, bathhouse, volleyball courts, dump station and fresh-water station; 800-946-1946,Â www.paragoncasinoresort.com.
A comfortable stay at Harrah’s Tunica in Robinsonville, Miss., includes plenty to do in the casino or at the Mid-South RV Park. Boasting the largest casino between Las Vegas, Nev., and Atlantic City, N.J., Harrah’s Tunica has 140,000 square feet of casino space. Open 24 hours a day, guests can enjoy 2,000-plus slots with roughly 1,700 different games including the traditional favorites; 60 table games such as three-card poker, mini-baccarat, blackjack, Caribbean stud, craps and roulette; and poker rooms Harrah’s says are the largest in the South. In addition to the casino, a spa and salon, golf course, willows trap, skeet and sporting clay opportunities, and a variety of bars and live entertainment round out the fun at Harrah’s Tunica. Whether on a quest for casual dining, a quick meal or upscale dining, Harrah’s offers six dining options with a variety of food choices. Poolside guests can enjoy a meal off the cabana menu.
The Mid-South RV Park offers 200 spaces with full hookups, Wi-Fi access, laundry, showers, lodge and lounge. A 2,000-square-foot pool awaits swimmers while horseshoe pits, shuffleboard and a basketball court appeal to those looking for outdoor games. Designated pet areas are also available; 800-946-4946,Â www.harrahstunica.com.
1. Don Laughlin’s Riverside Resort & RV Park in Laughlin, Nev., boasts more than 1,400 slot machines and 50 live-gaming tables including poker, blackjack, roulette, three-card poker, Texas Hold ’Em and craps. Live Keno and bingo are also hot games. The Riverside Resort hosts a variety of entertainment for casino-goers, including live music and performances, a 34-lane bowling alley, movie theater, auto museum, arcade and a collector’s area where antique slot machines are on display. A variety of restaurants, bars and cafÃ©s feed the crowds just about any time of day.
A multilevel, 740-space RV park includes electric, cable, sewer and water for every site. Handicap-accessible bathrooms, showers and laundry facility are also available to RV park patrons. While staying at the park, guests can takeÂ advantage of the hotel amenities including pool, spa and salon; 800-227-3849, www.riversideresort.com.
2. More than 300 slots – old-fashioned games and current games – are offered at Gold Ranch Casino & RV Resort in Verdi, Nev., across roughly 8,500 square feet of casino floors. Video poker and Keno, reel slots such as IGT, Konami, WMS, Bally’s and Aristocrat draw guests to the casino. Near the California border, Gold Ranch Casino sells lottery tickets, a perk you won’t find in most Nevada casinos. Working up an appetite, casino-goers can check out the Sierra CafÃ© where breakfast is served all day.
The Gold Ranch RV Park offers 105 spaces (68 of them wide pull-throughs) and all include full hookups, 30- or 50-amp electric and cable. Complimentary Wi-Fi is available in the clubhouse for guests of the park. Handicap-accessible restrooms (including showers) and a laundry facility are also available. RV park customers can also enjoy the perks of hotel stay by taking advantage of the pool and hot tub. A nearby golf course is suggested for anyone wanting to skip the slots for the day; 775-345-6789,Â www.goldranchrvcasino.com.
3. The Saddle West Casino and Hotel in Pahrump, Nev., includes 300 slot machines, new electronic table games and more than 100 multidenomination video poker and video Keno machines. More than 150 penny slot and video reel machines also entice guests to check out Saddle West. Bingo fans can check out the paper bingo area where specials run throughout the year. A variety of food is available at the casino’s Silver Spur Buffet and CafÃ©.
Staying at Saddle West is easy with 80 extra-wide pull-through spaces that include full hookups, 24-hour security, showers, dump stations, a laundry facility, cable TV and a pool and spa area. Guests looking for a nearby adventure can check out a mixture of activities including ranches, a ghost town, wineries, hot springs and sand dunes; 800-433-3987, www.saddlewest.com.
4. Nestled among the lights of Las Vegas is Sam’s Town Hotel & Gambling Hall. Claiming to be the second largest casino in Vegas, Sam’s Town has more than 2,700 slots covering roughly 100,000 square feet of gaming space. A poker room includes 11 tables with popular games such as Texas Hold ’Em, seven-card stud and Omaha hi/lo split. Daily tournaments allow guests to try their luck. Live Keno and bingo also draw in guests. The casino includes a bowling alley, dance floor and restaurants.
Nearly 500 RV spaces await motorhome travelers, with full-hookup, pull-through sites, cable TV, laundry and shower facilities, phone hookups and Wi-Fi. A barbecue area, pet run, swimming pool and hot tub are just a few features park guests can take advantage of while relaxing between sessions at the casino; 800-897-8696, www.samstownlv.com.
Sky City RV Park in Acoma, N.M., includes the latest Vegas-style table games such as blackjack, roulette, craps, three-card poker progressive and blackjack switch. With more than 669 slot machines, Multi-Strike Poker, Clue, Triple-Play Draw Poker Multi-Hand, Golden Panda and Michael Jackson King of Pop are all options for casino guests. Live bingo, special tournaments and tourist packages are offered. A variety of live music acts and performance entertainment grace the stage at Sky City throughout the year. Satisfy hunger with several dining options including Huwaka Restaurant, Huwaka Snackbar or the Pinon Tree Coffee Bar.
Sky City RV Park provides 42 75-foot big-rig-friendly pull-through sites with 30- and 50-amp electrical service with water and sewer at each site. A dump station, free Wi-Fi, laundry and travel center are available to park patrons. Leashed pets are welcome; 888-759-2489,Â www.skycity.com.
Oregon’s Mill City Casino Hotel & RV Park in North Bend provides a little more than 29,000 square feet of gaming space and nearly 750 slot machines ranging from nickel to $5 bets. Other popular casino games include blackjack, craps and roulette. Unique to most casinos, Mill City offers iGaming – guests pick up an iPad from iGaming hosts, take a seat in a designated room, choose a game and gamble from the comfort of their own space. iGaming options include Keno, Money for Nudgin, Deuces Wild, Jacks or Better, and Slide Ways 3,4,5. Three restaurants, as well as two bars, offer a variety of dining options.
The Mill Casino RV Park is 335,670 square feet and offers 102 full-hookup sites with 30- and 50-amp service, shower and laundry facilities, access to a fitness room, complimentary Internet service, outdoor hot tub and indoor pool, and a shuttle traveling between the RV park and the casino or dining areas. The park is pet friendly and Good Sam Club members receive a discount on their stay;Â 800-953-4800, www.themillcasino.com.
Foxwoods Resort and Casino in Mashantucket, Ct., includes more than 6,300 slot and video poker machines along with roughly 250 tables featuring games such as craps, mini-baccarat, blackjack, roulette, and pai gow, among others. Foxwoods’ bingo hall claims to be one of the largest bingo halls in the world, with a maximum capacity of 3,600 people who can partake in high-stakes bingo. Boasting the largest poker room on the East Coast, poker games go on 24/7 with several tables complete with a variety of gaming options.
Motorhomes are welcome to park in the designated parking lot of the casino. RV camping is an option at Aces High RV Park, top-rated by Woodall’s, in East Lyme, Ct. Open year-round, the campground offers 90 full-hookup sites including 47 pull-throughs. All sites have 50-amp electricity with an average site width of 45 feet. Showers, laundry facility, ice, grills, fire rings, picnic tables, RV supply store and public shower facilities are on site.
For the casino,Â 800-369-9663, www.foxwoods.com;
For Acres High RV Park, 860-739-8858,Â www.aceshighrvpark.com.