Rand McNally Unveils First GPS for RVers
May 9, 2011
Filed under Gear
Rand McNally has announced the release of the TripMaker® RVND™ 5510 – the first navigation device designed specifically for RVers – after extensive research and beta testing in the RVing community.
“We’ve listened carefully to members of the RVing community, who told us overwhelmingly that they would be interested in purchasing a GPS if it provided RV-specific routing, stops and amenities that RVers need while on the road, and things to see and do along the way. Our new TripMaker® RVND™ line will solidly deliver on these expectations,” said Dave Muscatel, CEO of Rand McNally.
Starting with a base of navigation from Rand McNally, the TripMaker® RVND™ 5510 layers on all the information needed to have an enjoyable and safe trip in an RV. The routing includes legal (including propane and other RV-only), height and weight restrictions, right or left-turn preference based on eleven different RV types, and a quick reference to the Rand McNally Road Atlas. Turn-by-turn spoken and text directions keep the driver focused on the road ahead.
The TripMaker® RVND™ features more than 14 million points of interest – including festivals, and national, state, and regional parks. Other key information includes:
• RV campgrounds, RV dealers and service, parking and rest areas, travel centers with detailed amenities such as dump stations, propane availability and more.
• Detailed exit information and available amenities on upcoming interstate exits.
• RVer Tools such as checklists for set up and take down, maintenance logs, trails back to your campsite, and quick mileage calculators.
• Pet friendly locations including parks, animal hospitals, and beaches.
In addition to routing and tools critical to RVers, the TripMaker® RVND™ features Rand McNally Editor’s Pick Content – proprietary data provided by our editorial staff with video and photos! The content includes:
• Best of the Road® – three-to-four day adventures including unique stops, photos of the locations, maps and more to plan a memorable adventure.
• Regional trips, scenic tours, weekend getaways, and city trips.
• 12,000 researched locations that will make any trip exciting and unique.
The Rand McNally Best of the Road® program is also being featured this month in a promotion with USA TODAY (for more information, visit www.BestOfTheRoad.com), and in the recently released 2012 Road Atlas.
The TripMaker® RVND™ 5510, available in North America in June, is fully operational in English, Canadian French, and Spanish.
For more information, visit www.randmcnally.com/rvgps.